Haz-Mat

November 1, 2013 - 4:02pm
Comstock Avenue shut down Friday afternoon after emergency crews were called to the scene.

A corrosive chemical spilled in a third floor chemistry lab at Life Sciences Complex Friday, sending one student to the hospital and shutting down the building for most of the afternoon. 

The female student, whose name has not been released, was putting away a corrosive liquid when the container broke and spilled on the floor of the lab, Deputy Syracuse Police Chief Mark Zoanetti said in a statement to the press. 

"She recieved a laceration to her hand," Zoanetti said. "And she did receive some exposure to the liquid."